"VOLKSWAGEN JUNIOR MASTERS AUSTRALIA” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
"Eligible Team" - any registered under 12 male club soccer team from NSW, ACT, VIC, SA, NT, QLD, WA or TAS available to travel to the Finalist Tournament.
"Representative" - an Australian resident aged 18 years or over who is a part of an Eligible Team (whether as a coach or parent/guardian of a player) who is appointed as an authorised representative to enter on behalf of the Eligible Team.
"Promotional Period" – the promotion begins at 09:00am AEST on 01/08/12 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 06/10/13
"Shortlisted Teams" - the best fifty (50) valid entries received in Stage 1 as determined by the Promoter in their absolute discretion will be invited to participate in Stage 2.
"Finalist Teams" - Shortlisted Teams that submit the fifteen (15) best Stage 2 entries, as determined by the judges, as well the five (5) “Roadshow Teams” who qualified through the Volkswagen Junior Masters Roadshow in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia in 2012, will be declared Finalist Teams and will be invited to compete against one another in a national soccer tournament to be held at Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation, Wakehurst Parkway Narrabeen NSW 2101 on 05/10/13 and 06/10/13.
"Roadshow Teams" - Are determined to be those teams which won their respective state final at the 2012 Volkswagen Junior Masters Roadshow. If the winning state finalist cannot compete in the Finalist Tournament, the runner-up of the state final will take its place. If the runner up is also unable to compete, their spot will be opened up to the next best Stage 2 entry as judged by the Promoter.
"Finalist Tournament" – the 2013 Volkswagen Junior Masters Australia soccer tournament from 5/10/13 to 6/10/13 between each of the Finalist Teams to be held at Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation, Wakehurst Parkway Narrabeen NSW 2101.
"Major Prize" - a trip to the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament for the winning team of the Finalist Tournament as further described in paragraph 20.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876), of 24 Muir Road, Chullora NSW 2190 (the "Promoter").
- Subject to the absolute discretion of the Promoter to accept an organisation’s entry, entry is only open to Eligible Teams. All Eligible Team players must be aged 12 years or under by 01/10/13 in order to participate in this promotion. Each Eligible Team competing in the Finalist Tournament must consist of sixteen (16) players and four (4) adults made up of any coaches and the parents/guardians of any of the players. The Eligible Team competing in the Major Prize must consist of sixteen (16) players and two (2) adults made up of any coaches and the parents/guardians of any of the players.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- By entering, on behalf of an Eligible Team, each Representative warrants; (a) that he or she has been authorised to do so by the Eligible Team and act as its Representative, and has complied with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions; and (b) has ensured that the parents/guardians have provided permission to allow any player in an Eligible Team to participate in the promotion.
- Stage 1 of the promotion opens at 00:01 on 01/08/12 and closes at 23.59 on 03/06/13.
- To be eligible to enter Stage 1 of the promotion, the Eligible Team must complete the online nomination form at www.vwjuniormasters.com.au, by submitting up to six (6) images and a 250 word (maximum) answer to the question “why does your team deserve to compete in the Volkswagen Junior Masters Australia soccer tournament?” To enter Stage 1, the Representative must then, on behalf of their Eligible Team, visit www.vwjuniormasters.com.au, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, complete the online entry form with requested contact details during the Promotional Period. Images need not contain all individuals within the Eligible Team. The Representative must obtain the consent of all of the individuals who appear in the images, to take their photograph, and for it to be used for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions, including displaying the image in various forms of media as determined by the Promoter.
- Only one (1) entry into Stage 1 is permitted per Eligible Team. Stage 1 is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determination of the winners. The Promoter will individually judge entries based on the greatest impact their participation in the tournament will have on the Eligible Team.
STAGE 1 – EARLYBIRD INCENTIVE PRIZE
- All eligible teams who enter Stage 1 of the promotion prior to 09:00 on 06/05/13 will be eligible for an additional Earlybird Incentive Prize. ‘There is one (1) ‘Earlybird Incentive’prize to be won.
- To be eligible for the Earlybird Incentive Prize teams must complete Stage 1 of the entry process as detailed in clause 7.
- The Earlybird Incentive Prize will be a training session with Australia’s 2013 Volkswagen Junior Master Ambassador.. The training session will be open to sixteen (16) players nominated by the winning team’s representative and up to fifty (50) observers made up of coaches, club officials and parents/guardians. The training session will take place at a location in Sydney, date and time at the discretion of the Promoter, save for any proposal by the Promoter to hold the training session at the winning team’s training venue, which will require the winning team’s prior written consent, and be held at a mutually agreed date and time Where the training session is held elsewhere, the winner will be notified of the date, time and location at least one (1) month prior to the training session. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to ensure that the Earlybird Incentive Prize will to take place prior to 31/12/13.
- The winner of the Earlybird Incentive Prize will be responsible for any associated costs with the Earlybird Incentive Prize including, but not limited to, travel and accommodation. The winner of the Earlybird Incentive Prize will be responsible for any costs associated with the training venue should the event be held at their own facility. Otherwise, the Promoter will be responsible for any costs associated with this venue. The Promoter is responsible for the training session itself.
- Only one (1) entry into Stage 1 is permitted per Eligible Team. Stage 1 is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determination of the winners. The Promoter will individually judge entries based on the greatest impact their participation in the Finalist Tournament will have on the Eligible Team.
- Stage 2 of this promotion opens at 09:00 on 10/06/13 and closes at 09:00 on 08/07/13.
- The Promoter will contact each of the fifty (50) Shortlisted Teams and invite them to submit footage no longer than seven (7) minutes in duration in which they must demonstrate their team’s soccer skills by: (1) performing three (3) soccer drills as chosen by the Promoter of no more than three (3) minutes; (2) including match footage of the Shortlisted Team from the 2013 season of no more than three (3) minutes; and (2) a message from a member of the Eligible team of not more than one (1) minute on why they deserve to play in Volkswagen Junior Masters Australia. Shortlisted Teams will be contacted by 10/06/2013.
- The Representative must send the footage by uploading their video to an agreed YouTube channel to be created prior to 08/07/2013. Any videos submitted after this date will not be considered. Alternatively the representative of the eligible team is able to send the footage by posting a CD/DVD containing the footage to Mr Soccer, 2013 Volkswagen Junior Masters, PO Box 405, Matraville, NSW, 2036 to be received by last mail on 08/07/13. Any footage submitted after this date will not be considered. Shortlisted Teams that do not submit an entry by this date will be deemed to have elected not to participate further in the promotion.
- Stage 2 is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determination of the winners. The Promoter will at its absolute discretion individually judge entries based on the soccer skills that have been presented in the footage.
- The fifteen (15) Finalist Teams will be notified by 15/07/13. Finalist Teams will be asked to confirm their availability to attend the Finalist Tournament at the times and location that will be separately notified to each of the Finalist Teams.
- Each Finalist Team must confirm its attendance in writing by 22/07/13. Any Finalist Team that does not will be deemed to not be participating in the Finalist Tournament. In the event of a Finalist Team not confirming attendance by this deadline or being deemed unable to participate, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, determine a replacement Finalist Team.
- Each Finalist Team that agrees to participate in the Finalist Tournament will receive the 'Finalist Prize', which will comprise of the following components:
For the sake of clarity, any accommodation or breakfast outside of the Finalist Tournament location or main provision of breakfast, lunch and dinner, or not as the Promoter’s preferred accommodation, will be the responsibility of the respective Finalist Team.
The Finalist Tournament will be run in accordance with any rules or regulations as set by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Participating Finalist Teams agree to comply with all directions of the Promoter and any Finalist Team organisers, in their absolute discretion. The Promoter and organisers, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to prevent any player from participating if, at any time, they reasonably believe that the player poses a safety risk or for any other reason.
The Finalist Team that wins the Finalist Tournament will be declared the Major Prize Winner (“Major Prize Winner”) and will be awarded the Major Prize as defined below, save that in the case that the winner of the Finalist Tournament is ruled ineligible at the absolute discretion of the Promoter, or is otherwise unable to participate in the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World soccer tournament, the runner-up of the Finalist Tournament will be deemed the Major Prize Winner. If the runner-up team is also ruled ineligible, the Major Prize winner will be determined at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- Accommodation and food and drink expenses for the Finalist Team, sixteen (16) players and four (4) adults made up of any coaches and the parents/guardians of any of the players, at the Finalist Tournament will be funded by the Promoter;
- Transfers to and from matches for all Eligible Teams that are staying at the Promoter's preferred accommodation;
- Sixteen (16) football kits each consisting of a jersey, shorts and socks to be worn for all matches at the Finalist Tournament; and
Any other costs including travel to and from the Finalist Tournament, spending money, taxes, insurance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other travel and ancillary costs are not included.
THE MAJOR PRIZE:
The Major Prize provided to the Major Prize Winner consists of:
The selection of the sixteen(16) players and two (2) adults to represent the Major Prize Winner at the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament is at the discretion of the Major Prize Winner, provided that those selected comply with these Terms and Conditions. For the sake of clarity, the Promoter does not stipulate that those selected must be the same Eligible Team members which won the Finalist Tournament.
During the entire duration of the Major Prize, the adults in the Eligible Team must accompany the players.
The Major Prize Winners are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Major Prize. The Major Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The Major Prize Winners may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check in.
- Return economy airfares for sixteen (16) players and two (2) adults from the Major Prize Winner’s nearest Australian state capital city as determined by the Promoter to the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World soccer tournament; and
- Five (5) night’s accommodation at a hotel in the host city of the Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament for sixteen (16) players and two (2) adults.
Spending money, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. The Major Prize is subject to booking and flight availability and must be taken to coincide with the tournament. All Eligible Team members must travel together and depart and return to the same point of departure.
If any prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Team member, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of that Eligible Team member.
Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Representative’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, Major Prize Winner, Eligible Teams and Representatives (including identity, age and place of residence, as applicable) and to disqualify any Eligible Team if its Representative submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or if it or its Representative tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
In order to participate in the Finalist Tournament or the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament, an adult who is attending these components as part of the Major Prize Winner or Eligible Team and the parent or guardian of any player within the Major Prize Winner or Eligible Team on the player’s behalf must within the required timeframe stipulated:
If required, adults attending as part of the Eligible Team or the Major Prize Winner must complete and return any documentation required by law for them to attend and look after the players while attending any components of the prizes, including any police or working with children checks.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility should any parent or guardian not permit their child to participate in the promotion or component of any prize. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion allow an Eligible Team to change members in their team where a satisfactory excuse as determined by the Promoter is provided, and subject to the approval at its absolute discretion of the replacement player by the Promoter and completion of any required documentation including those documents as detailed in clause 36.
When a Representative submits any materials via the promotion including comments, recordings and photographs (“Content”), the Representative on their own behalf and on behalf of their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. The Representative on their own behalf and on behalf of their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. The Representative on their own behalf and on behalf of their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner warrants that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- sign a deed of eligibility and legal release in a form determined by the Promoter;
- agree to permit the Promoter to conduct an interview and photograph session with the Eligible Team members or the team of the Major Prize Winner (“Promotional Recordings”) and allow the Promoter to use their names, likeness, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) as recorded in the Promotional Recording in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter; and
- complete any other documentation as reasonably determined by the Promoter that is required to allow the Eligible Team members or the team of the Major Prize Winner to participate in these components of the prizes.
The Representative on their own behalf and on behalf of their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner agrees that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. The Representative on their own behalf and on behalf of their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner warrants and agrees that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Representative and their Eligible Team or Major Prize Winner each indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Representative, and/or Major Prize Winner or Eligible Team; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the promotion, or the Finalist Tournament or the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament is cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Representative; or (g) participation in the Finalist Tournament or the 2014 Volkswagen Junior World Masters soccer tournament.
The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Representative. Representatives should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.